Tuesday, August 5, 2008

garden

See those cucumbers? Those and many, many more are now pickles - about 10 quarts and a couple pints. In fact, I have another batch of pickles midway through processing now; they are soaking in ice water. I use the recipe on the back of the pickling lime container and they always turn out great. My grandmother loves them, so I think I'll give her 12 jars for Christmas....so she can have a jar a month for the next year :)

Andy's friend Peewee from work sent over a big box of yellow squash, pattypan squash and it looks like a few zucchini. WE canned a bunch of squash from our garden on Sunday, but I'm running low on jars so I think I'll just freeze this. My aunt said that canned squash doesn't have a good taste, too, so that's another reason.

Well, I have a crying baby who is getting over a cold and probably has an ear infection, so I better go and get her to sleep for her first nap. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?