Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent Calendar #1 (?)

My pal Emily called the other night and asked if I'd whip up an Advent calendar for her....WHAT?  My first thought was, "Gosh, now I have to really mo-ti-vate and psych myself up to do something that I've been putting off for two years!"

Well, actually, I did it, and it wasn't so bad!  Now I can't wait to make one for us.  I'm hoping to work on it tonight and tomorrow so check back later to see how I did.

Anyways, just a picture for this one: 


Its complete except for the dowel that goes through the top and a gold cord to tie to the ends for hanging.  You can't see here but each Christmas tree has a slit in it midway in which to insert lollipops (as shown) or mini candy canes.  And the felt background is red, not fuchsia....

Thank you, Emily for motivation to finally make an Advent Calendar!  I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much!! The kids love it. It helps so much with Goldie's anxiety. It is exactly what I was wanting:) Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?