Wednesday, November 19, 2008

floooo

Boy, when it hits, you know it. I thought it was food poisoning at first, though, because of a Reader's Digest article I'd been reading about salmonella and we'd had chicken for supper, but alas, day 3 (or is it 4?) and there is no doubt.
Thankfully the girls had their flu shots last week, so Hannah avoided the bug completely and Abba only got a mild - very mild - case, but they both have colds. Andy is not so lucky. He had it worse than anyone. But let me interrupt this post to promote a product that has saved our sanity: TAMIFLU. Oh, please, for your sake, if you are exposed to the flu or think you have it, get your doctor to call it in right away. It is the highest tier on our co-pays, but It Works. That is the only reason, I am certain, that I am able to ambulate without - well, without unpleasant side effects. I'm still sore, and loaded to the gills with tylenol and advil, but it was a gritty 24-36 hours while we were both down; while I was sick on the couch and Andy was at work. Whew!

In the meantime, we had 4" of snow! It was so pretty! I felt bad for Hannah because she wanted to go play so much. It did feel good on my fever, but I couldn't stay out long. She made several forays in her boots and fleece so she did get to make some snow angels and footprints...but since this was such an early snowfall, I bet we get more that we can all properly enjoy.

That's all for now; more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?