Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kids and dental health

Today we have Hannah's second dentist appointment. Wish us well. Last year she clamped down and screamed through clenched teeth and refused to allow access. This year we've had the appointment for 2 months and she's built up plenty of excitement. I hope they don't let her down.

As a mama I have to suppress my natural gag reflex sometimes more often than not. For example today she showed me her rinse cup after brushing for the second time. "No, no, look at it in the sunlight! See those things floating around in there? That's the dirt from my teeth!" Then she called me back into the bathroom to see "the river the mouthwash is making" as it made its way to the drain. Gross. Gross, gross, gross.

Sugar baby is nonplussed. Right on track, exactly one month after her second birthday she asks "Why?" in a ratio of 5:1 for everything I say.

Every clock in our house reads a different time, varying by 10-15 minutes either way. I'm depending on the computer clock which says we have 15 minutes before we have to leave. Rather than take the time to change them, I kind of have an idea of which is where relative to Real Time, but it leaves Andy guessing and altogether unimpressed. However, judging from the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen, its time to get ready to trek into town for Hannah's adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?