Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When is a chicken not a chicken?

......When its a rooster!

I um, think that one of our hens has been under cover and is actually a young man. Andy and I have debated this lately, with me saying, "No way" and Andy saying, "I think we may have a gentleman in the hen house."

Andy said he heard crowing yesterday. I thought I may have, but forgot about it. There was no mistaking it a few minutes ago, though. "Errr-er-er-er-errrrrrrrrrroo!" Times 3.

I've read that sometimes in a flock with no rooster, the head chicken will take on a rooster's characteristics and may even crow. This particular poultry has no spurs on his legs, but he is huge compared to the other fowl. I'll try and post pictures later and let my readers vote on it.

This is NO WAY to win a popularity contest in the neighborhood! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?